AC bonus from parry.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

TheVandals

AC bonus from parry.

Post by TheVandals » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:27 pm

Here's a way we can circumvent the need to multiclass for tumble AC, which may have the potential to open up new build combinations.

Have parry add +1 AC for every 5 ranks, the caveat being that it does not stack with tumble.

The way it'd be implemented internally is that you'd have a dodge modifier periodically recalculated and applied based on your ranks in both parry and tumble.

if tumble >= parry
do nothing

if parry > tumble
dodge bonus = parryacmodifier - tumbleacmodifier

where each modifier is obv determined by the multiples of 5 the guy has in unmodified ranks.

In this way we can keep the super-inflated armor-classes which everyone likes (even though imo they're very bad), but at least allow for a bit more variety in our build choices by opening up the tumble AC to other builds.

Alternatively, it could add +1 dodge AC per 10 ranks to players without shields, making 2-handers and dual-wielders more viable.

I'd actually prefer to see tumble restricted to light armor only, which I think would negate the need for the parry suggestion I'm making here, but in light of the fact that tumble is beloved by all (because they get to score a ton of AC at a unbelievably low cost) this will at least allow people to continue to score a ton of AC at an unbelievably low cost while allowing people to stay in their main class, which might be helpful for things like ranger or paladin, for example.