resource bag bug

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Thalion

resource bag bug

Post by Thalion » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:27 am

Every time i add ore to this mining bag and remove it (to make ore stackable from the old stuff) its adding a few points of permenant weight, to the point i can no longer put things inside it.

Steps to reproduce
----------------------------
Place ore into the mining bag, remove ore, repeatedly.

Expected result
-----------------------
Bag to be re-usable

Actual result
-------------------
the bag gradually fills up with weight i cannot remove, making it unusable.

Screenshot(s)
--------------------

Code: Select all

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/524114325003042847/770170235344257034/20201026002021_1.jpg?width=2462&height=1405
Notes
---------
It seems it only happens if you open your inventory BEFORE you close the dialog box. but i cant test it any further to confirm this.

EDIT: the inventory does not need to be open, a fraction of the weigh is simply kept whenever removing something from the bag.

Party in the forest at midnight

Re: resource bag bug

Post by Party in the forest at midnight » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:09 pm

I'm suffering this too. The mining bags already don't hold much actual weight, despite what the examine weight says it should hold. Now it can't hold a single piece of ore. :(

Gorirah

Post by Gorirah » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:49 pm

I have this too.
I was using a bag to convert ore from the old item forms to the new ones, so that they would stack.
I put 10 old ore in, took out 10 new ore of the same type. But then I could not put as much in on the second attempt. Each time I put ore in and took it out, there was less space remaining until I could not put a single nugget in.
I got lumbered with weight I could not store, went searching for a new bag and bought one, then did the same thing with the new bag and that one bugged too.

Anatida
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Anatida » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:31 pm

This may have been due to the old ores having an added weight increase. We have removed this weight increase now that the 2da handles the weight for us.

Please see if this corrects itself after the next reset. If not, the bags may have been corrupted, and may need to be replaced.

Nothing changed in regard to the mining bag itself.

As a note, I used the Magical mining bag (greater) yesterday to do this sort of swap out, and I didn't have any issues.

My pronouns are: She/Her/That *itch

Nagwag

Post by Nagwag » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:16 pm

have the same problem, tried to convert ores to the new version, but after a while the weight of the bag is over 70, while empty. Hoping for the reset. (normal mining bag)
[Berry / Jo / (Myxi) / Iolite / others]

Thalion

Post by Thalion » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:54 am

welp, i actually just discarded the bag because i only needed it for converting the ore, so hopefully other people can confirm it fixed. otherwise ill keep an eye out for further issues in regards to resource bags

msheeler
Contributor
Contributor

Post by msheeler » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:31 pm

This is not fixed. Just re-produced this.

Nagwag

Post by Nagwag » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:56 pm

yeah, the bag is still on 70.4, sadly

addon - same problem with a magical mining bag (40% reduction), weight after taking out 23 tin: 16.1

Anatida
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Anatida » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:30 pm

Once C&P merchants have been updated again, /some/ DMs will offer to replace the weight-bugged mining bags.

Once your bugged bag has been replaced, you should avoid placing any old-variety ore in it (this would be the ore that has a weight increase listed under properties).

Please watch for the DM announcements on the server for when they are available to do this.

Thank you for your patience!

Nagwag

Post by Nagwag » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:45 pm

small test, maybe it helps finding the bug:

bought new standard bag, no weight reduction: 0.4
adding 10 old iron ore (51.0): bag 50.4 - removing new iron ore (40.0): bag 10.4 - +10
adding 10 old iron ore (51.0): bag 60.4 - removing new iron ore (40.0): bag 25.4 - +15
adding 10 old iron ore (51.0): bag 80.4 - removing new iron ore (40.0): bag 35.4 - +10
adding 10 old iron ore (51.0): bag 85.4 - removing new iron ore (40.0): bag 45.4 - +10
adding 10 old iron ore (51.0): bag 95.4 - removing new iron ore (40.0): bag 60.4 - +15

after that, message "container full" when trying to put in 10 more iron.

good luck hunting

Skibbles
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Skibbles » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:57 am

There's more than the issue of bags keeping a weight while being empty.

For example (and I'm using a greater mining bag I found just yesterday and haven't put any old ores into) the 20% isn't working correctly at some stages. I had it with 50 coal earlier, which is 200 lbs. Reduced 20% should be 40 lbs. Now it's at 40, but I put like ten raw gems and it suddenly leaps to just 140 lbs - almost not reducing any weight whatsoever.

I take the ten raw gems out and it drops by 100 lbs back to a more believable weight. Something is definitely borky with these.
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.

msheeler
Contributor
Contributor

Post by msheeler » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:44 pm

Another point - auto looting and new jewelry boxes does not seem to be working. The items go into your inventory, but not the box.

Nurel
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Nurel » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:05 am

*bump*

this has been a problem with my mining bag too. I used it to convert large amounts of old ore into new ore and now the bag's unusuable :/

edit: It appears this bug also borked my greater hunting bag. I did use it to convert old dragon hides into new, now it can only hold ~120lbs

Thanks Starfish for providing aid with this :)

Anatida
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Anatida » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:17 pm

There is a Storage Container Fixer (tm) now available in all major population areas. You put your bugged bag in, and a shiny new one pops out.

Moving this to closed.

Maffa

Post by Maffa » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:45 pm

Need to bump this up. Mining bag and gem pouch both cause problems.

They multiply weight and no amount of resetting by the container fixer solves anything

Cyanide_bullet

Post by Cyanide_bullet » Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:47 am

I just aquired some greater mining bags and they too seem bugged. Having weight while empty (atleast when you use the new [Print infor for bugreport]. One of my bags has, while completly empty a weight in the bugreport of 454, the other one has 984

Ellisaria

Post by Ellisaria » Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:46 pm

Cyanide_bullet wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:47 am

I just aquired some greater mining bags and they too seem bugged. Having weight while empty (atleast when you use the new [Print infor for bugreport]. One of my bags has, while completly empty a weight in the bugreport of 454, the other one has 984

Use a Container Repair Station. Each major settlement has one; ask around IC to be directed to it if you don’t know the location. For Cordor, it’s located in the Mercantile Building.

mikezanuda

Post by mikezanuda » Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:54 pm

Problem is, the Repair Station doesn't change a thing. The bugged behaviour of my bags would persist through such recreation.
Can confirm for my Hunting Bag (Standart 60%), Mining bag (Standart 60%) and Herbalist Bag (Standart 80% weight reduction) - I have spent quite some time playing around these and the Repair Station, and they still would count weight oddly (increasing instead of decreasing in some cases). Haven't checked the other bags I have yet, but looks like it will give the same result.

This is the pattern that I noticed, and the workaround I figured. The odd weight calculation occurs when you use the "Place all suitable items into container" option. When you place each item manually one by one (by "using" the bag on it) it all looks fine.
So, rather you avoid the "mass container filling up" or, once you have to, you then open your bag, CLEAR one item slot (remove all) and then place the items back manually. Oddly enough, but this gets everything back in order. At least it works for me so far. The Container Repair Stations don't.