The new container Fixer

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Talvenlapsi

The new container Fixer

Post by Talvenlapsi » Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:01 pm

When putting mining bags through the new container fixer (guldorand one specifically), this happened:

Which.. Made them unusable. Because they are "unidentified", and no merchant can identify them, and I can't put anything in them. This happened to all three bags of mine, and putting them through the fixer again ends up the same result. Tried relogging, dropping them on the ground etc. Nothing seems to help it.

//EDIT: It's possible to fix them by selling one of them to NPC and buying it back for (hefty) price: After that you can identify the rest of them.
You need the Dark in order to show the Light.
- Left the Isle: Sabre Brightburst, Liberty, Lila Havenfall, Lillaniarin Dragonsbane, Avidelra Aza'Athreen, Hexflaerin Amav'fer, Eclipse Silverbane

msheeler
Contributor
Contributor

Re: The new container Fixer

Post by msheeler » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:37 pm

Just identifying them with a lore potion would work too.

On anther note I tried to replace a malfunctioning gem bag and got one back that did nothing (would not start any conversation). On a second attempt it simply ate the bag completely.

Anatida
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Anatida » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:02 pm

Talvenlapsi wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:01 pm
When putting mining bags through the new container fixer (guldorand one specifically), this happened:

Which.. Made them unusable. Because they are "unidentified", and no merchant can identify them, and I can't put anything in them. This happened to all three bags of mine, and putting them through the fixer again ends up the same result. Tried relogging, dropping them on the ground etc. Nothing seems to help it.

//EDIT: It's possible to fix them by selling one of them to NPC and buying it back for (hefty) price: After that you can identify the rest of them.
I don't know why a merchant would not identify them. Are you certain it is a merchant that normally identfies things (not all merchants do)? I am fairly certain that magical storage containers have always been found "unidentified".

Please verify and I will certainly take a closer look, but I don't think we changed anything in that regard

My pronouns are: She/Her/That *itch

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:54 pm

You can just identify them...

I put in my scroll case in Myon but when I tried to use it, it was broken. Then I tried again to put it in Bendir, and this time it ate it.
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

Talvenlapsi

Post by Talvenlapsi » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:54 pm

Anatida wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:02 pm
I don't know why a merchant would not identify them. Are you certain it is a merchant that normally identfies things (not all merchants do)? I am fairly certain that magical storage containers have always been found "unidentified".

Please verify and I will certainly take a closer look, but I don't think we changed anything in that regard

I tried three merchants (And for those questioning, I also tried lore potion on a level 30 bard-paladin with decent lore), and none of them did. I tried the two merchants in Guldorand merchantile and then Cordor peddler (who before has identified things to me just fine).
I had 3 containers like this, which, all fixed after I sold and rebought one of them. /after/ i could identify them myself just fine, and pay the cordor peddler to identify them. Not sure if it was some silly bug with the fact I had never seen or touched any of the new containers on any of my characters, but it was weird.
You need the Dark in order to show the Light.
- Left the Isle: Sabre Brightburst, Liberty, Lila Havenfall, Lillaniarin Dragonsbane, Avidelra Aza'Athreen, Hexflaerin Amav'fer, Eclipse Silverbane

Anatida
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Anatida » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:01 pm

I'm just noting this here for reference to forward the link with as much info as possible. I swapped out my Greater Magical Mining bag a few hours ago, and my bard had no issue with identifying it with a normal examination.

She also would never have seen that type of item (baseitem) before.

Anatida
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Anatida » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:20 pm

The script was updated to identify the newly created storage containers.

The gem pouch was also fixed (to our knowledge).

Itikar

Post by Itikar » Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:49 pm

Just tried to put a magical headbag (greater) into the storage container fixed in Andunor and it said: no container found.

KT28
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by KT28 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:59 am

Same thing happened to me with a Magical Hunting Bag (Lesser) that was purchased off a Tinker's inventory. I place the container into the repair station, click "Yes, proceed" and it says "No container found" and does not change the container.

Anatida
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Anatida » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:48 pm

This is strange. I swapped out my magical headbag (Greater) a little over a week ago, and it worked just fine.

If your bag is bugged, ask a DM to replace it for you.

A DM can also read the variables on the bag in your inventory and report them to me so I can further troubleshoot the issue.

Itikar

Post by Itikar » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:32 pm

I will put the badge on and let you know as soon as a DM can look into it! :)

Itikar

Post by Itikar » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:16 pm

I tried again today, and it fixed the bag correctly. I wonder what may have happened. I had used the bag to store heads meanwhile, so maybe it just needed that.