MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Re: Arelith Updates!

Post by MalKalz » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:34 pm

From DangerDolphin
==================

- Fixed bug where damage from curse song was applying twice
- Reduced the amount of feedback produced when you use a song with less than optimal perform
- Bards using Medium or lighter Armor now gain +1 Dodge AC. This bonus only applies to pure Bards, or characters with at least 20 Bard levels

Developer commentary:
With the release of the new heavy armors, heavy armor became best in slot for Bard once again. This made the new medium armor ASF bonuses a trap as you would be sacrificing 1 AC and 4-5 points of gearing for Dexterity just to be able to cast a small number of spells in medium armor.
The change rectifies the AC side of that equation, and avoids forcing pure and other bard multiclassess to pick up the heavy Armor feat if they want to compete with Fighter/Paladin/Blackguard multiclasses.

Div bards will still want to wear heavy armor as they will avoid having to gear for another 4-5 points of Dexterity and the dodge AC bonus granted to medium armor will count towards the +20 Dodge AC cap. Div bards are already at this cap when they activate Divine Shield and have Bard song Dodge AC active at the same time.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:02 pm

Live Next Reset:

From Garrbear
===================
Loremaster Rework
-Now Max 5 Levels (previously 10)
-Added prerequisite: Skill Focus: Lore
-Weapon/Armor Proficiencies are no longer granted at Loremaster(LM) 1.
-Wand/Rod/Language Features are granted at every level instead of every other level
-+1 CL at LM 1 and 5
-LM gets a secret at levels 2-5

Secrets are divided into lesser secrets and greater secrets
-Lesser Secrets can be taken at any Loremaster level.
-Greater secrets can only be taken at Loremaster 4 or 5.

Lesser Secrets (these are unchanged except explorer was buffed):
Health (+30 hp)
Inner strength (+2 will save)
True Stamina (+2 fort save)
Avoidance (+2 reflex save)
Weapon trick (+1 ab)
Dodge Trick (+1 dodge ac)
Exploration (+100% adventure xp gain from area and portal discoveries; 25% as immediate xp, the full amount also added as bank gold) (now also gets ranger mapping bonus)
Gathering (25% increase gathering common materials, 10% on rare)
Mechanical Animator (construct golems)

Greater Secrets:
Warding, Summoning, Scrying, Domination, Evocation, Illusion (now grants project image as well), Necromancy, Teleportation (these feats no longer require the relevant greater spell focus)
Tutor (previously free at LM 10)
Artisan (add lore/5 to crafting points, access class specific recipes)

Developer commentary:
Loremaster was in a weird place where it required too many levels to obtain the desirable class features, while also not providing nearly enough to be worth that investment. As a 3/4 BAB 10 level class which lacks discipline and tumble, Loremaster did not fit well into any build. Additionally, it had features which synergized well with casters, but it lacked any caster level. The class has been compressed into 5 levels, which fits better for its features and makes it somewhat competitive with similar dips such as fighter, PDK, paladin, hexblade, etc.

A relevel will occur upon login for all characters with Loremaster levels.

From Aniel and Garrbear
============================
Swashbuckler (definitely not a) rework
-Elegant strike now gives 1 soft ab instead of 1 damage per 10 levels.
-Feint and 2nd Intention now stack on repeated failed saves
-Feint and 2nd Intention now ignore spellcraft for saving throws
-Acrobatics Mastery now always cleanses CC. At level 24 the cooldown is reduced from 3 minutes to 2.
-3rd intention duration is now 6 seconds. (previously 3)
-3rd intention cooldown is now 3 minutes / 1 minute / 30 seconds (previously 5/3/1)

Developer Commentary: Swashbuckler has been in a great place as a dip, but there was little incentive to go above around 10 levels. These buffs will improve both the offense and survivability, making deep swashbuckler more worthwhile.

Since nothing has significantly changed beyond a few numbers, relevels will not be offered for this change.

From Kenji
=============
Assembly Template Spell progression nerfed, they are now on par with permanent or temporary essences (with a few exceptions) rather than being flat-out stronger.

Magic Weapon (Physical)
Level 1-10: 1 dmg, Level 11+: 2 dmg

GMW (Physical)
Level 1-10: 1 dmg, Level 11-20: 2 dmg, Level 21+: 3 dmg

Deafening Clang (Sonic)
Level 1-6: 1 dmg, Level 7-13: 2 dmg, Level 14-20: 3 dmg, Level 21+: 4 dmg

Darkfire (Fire, Negative)
Level 1-10: 1 dmg each, Level 11+: 2 dmg each

Flame Weapon (-stream)
Level 1-10: 1d4 dmg, Level 11+: 1d6 dmg

Bless Weapon (Divine)
Level 1-15: 2d4 vs Undead, Level 16-25: vs Outsider, Level 26-30: vs Dragon

Holy Sword (Divine)
All Levels: 1d8 vs Evil

Keen Edge (Physical)
Level 1-10: 2 dmg, Level 11+: 1d4 dmg
Same Wounding progression as before

Blade Thirst (Negative)
Level 1-10: 2 dmg & 1 vamp, Level 11-20: 1d4 dmg & 2 vamp, Level 21+: 1d4 dmg & 3 vamp

Blackstaff (Magical)
Level 1-15: 1 dmg, Level 16+: 2 dmg

Inflict Serious Wounds (Blackguard, Negative)
Level 1-10: 2 dmg, Level 11+: 1d4 dmg

Inflict Critical Wounds (Blackguard, Negative)
Level 1-10: 2 dmg, Level 11-20: 1d4 dmg, Level 21+: 1d6 dmg

From Bat Country
================
- 16 more bard song locations added, more to come.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes.

Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

Hoodoo
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Hoodoo » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:54 pm

From Hoodoo
Live Now:
You can now also request re-level tokens on the support page https://support.nwnarelith.com/

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:23 am

Henchmen Update (Details on News List. )
===============

- Nearly 40 new henchmen added, in Cordor, Skaljard, Sencliff & Brogendenstein, in addition to a few hidden location across the isle.

- Any leadership requirement to recruit is displayed in the henchman's description. (Items and other bonuses DO COUNT towards meeting this requirement)

- Henchmen abandoned on a non-native server will, where fitting, retire to the nearest safe area. Thus those recruited in Brogendenstein may return to the Grotto while in the Underdark, or the Nomad while in Cordor.

- Henchmen requiring the 'Noble' background and unaffected, none of the new additions are so restricted.

Area Work
========

- Explansion to the Great Grotto area, utilizing many of the new gnome buildings.

- Visual Overhaul a number of locations, such as the longhouse in Skaljard.

Music
=====

- The music tracks changed in a number of locations to use many of the latest tracks recently updated into the main game.

Throwing Knives
==============

- Throwing Knives are are now a craftable weapon, and may be used to by any PC able to wield darts.

NOTE: Due to limitation in NWN which prohibit the addition of new throwing weapons the addition of throwing dagger models was achieved by adding as alternative 'dart' appearances, thus they base damage output and proficiency requirement is identical. Throwing daggers differ in that at any addition damage granted by material (Iron, Steel etc) is 'Slashing' Damage, and not 'Piercing'

- Rare throwing daggers added to certain loot drops.

Final Note: All in all this is a pretty big update, with a great deal of associated in game text. Any issues or typos please report in the 'Bugs' section of the forums!

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:51 pm

From Kenji, Sweet Potato, and DM Starfish:

Praise the Furies! Talassan, Aurilite, and Umberlants rejoice!
Flame Weapon spell now renamed as Elemental Weapon

Elemental Shield Expanded - original Elemental Shield spell now renamed as Flame Shield.

Frost Shield (4th level):
Same functionality as Flame Shield except that it deals cold damage and has a different VFX.

Lightning Shield (5th level):
Deals 1d6 + (3 per 2 CL) electric damage to melee attackers.
It also provides 25% immunity to electrical damage.

The spells are available for Wizards, Sorcerers, Shamans, and Favored Souls.

Developer Commentary:
The initial approach was to allow the elemental shields to change its damage type and VFX by activating streams, much like Flame Weapon (now Elemental Weapon). However, due to engine limits on VFX for initial casting, it can't be as dynamic as the rest of the persistent effects. Separate spells were created in favor of aesthetics over mechanical nuances.

Mechanically, the scaling for Lightning Shield damage is right in between Flame/Frost Shield and Acid Sheath, but it offers 25% immunity to electricity while being on the same spell level as Acid Sheath. This spell being made available to Favored Soul and Shaman only meant that the aforementioned classes now have options to choose a damage shield in their 4th and 5th spell levels. For Favored Souls, it'll be a tight choice, whereas Shamans will have more room to choose.

From Anachorn
=============

Slight additions to prestige classes epic bonus feats to reflect Arelith changes

- Assassin: Blinding Speed, Epic Dodge, Epic Prowess and ESF: Craft Trap, Set Trap, Spot, Listen, Bluff
- Zhent/Harper Priest: Great Charisma
- Pale Master: Greater Spell Focus: All

Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:28 pm

From Garrbear
================
- Fixed a bug with Loremaster 5 being unable to select a secret language (Druidic is intentionally not selectable).

From myself (mostly)
================
- Modest content and QoL update to the Cordor Museum, including rearrangement and expansion of exhibits, fixture limit increase of 80 -> 120 on the Museum floor, and a new quarter.
- Cleanup of Gallery painting names and descriptions (courtesy Kuma).
- Modest content and QoL update to Sibayad, which includes 5 new temp shops, law signs upgraded to law obelisks, and new laws on them to boot (spoiler alert/no meta, if you're a UD race who's not a Duergar or a Svirf, don't go there to read them, since it's not good for you).

Done.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:09 am

From Kenji:
=========

Create Ammunition should now be able to create Throwing Dagger bundles

From GrumpyCat
============

- Fey reward is now a Major Reward
- RDD Reward has been moved to requiring a Greater Reward

Spyre Commentary:

The shift in rewards is to enable more opportunity while re-evaluating other rewards. Fey is subject for a later change. With respect to these changes, we will be monitoring their popularity and should numbers be too high, readjusting tiers. Please note that we are also in the initial brainstorming of new rewards for all reward levels.

Hoodoo
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Hoodoo » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:32 pm

"Set Level" Option has been removed from the support page after repeated misunderstandings. If you want to be de-leveled please use the Retake Level option, which will set you to a certain level and allow you to retake the skills/feats or it!

http://support.nwnarelith.com

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:07 pm

- Gnoll has been moved to the Normal reward tier. You cannot create a gnoll from the character creation screen further and must follow the old method of selecting Half-Orc base race and applying it through the entry conversation by redeeming the Normal Reward.

From Danger Dolphin
====================

- Healing Harmony increased by +1 regeneration (Now +1 regeneration, increases +1 per 5 levels)

- A Capella Aria increased by +1 regeneration (Now +1 regeneration, increases by +1 per 7 levels)

- Moved the deafen component of sonic traps to the short term effects (2 rounds) instead of the longer term effects. The -99 listen penalty is still in the longer term effects (Which lasts a few minutes)

Developer Commentary
Regeneration on the healing songs at low levels is particularly lacklustre due to the short song durations. This buff was intentionally frontloaded to give bards more reason to use them while levelling.
Sonic traps are causing a long term AC penalty and we are attempting to diagnose which effect is causing this.

Contributor
Contributor

Post by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:33 pm

From Xerah
==========
Draconic Pantheon Added (all require dragon/kobold or gift of devotion):
-Asgorath, [all alignments], H&H + K&I
-Null, [LE,CE, NE], W&D + K&I
-Task, [LE,CE, NE], T&D + K&I
-Astilabor, [CN,LN,NN,NE,NG], H&H + K&I
-Garyx, [CN,CG,NE,CE], Nature + W&D (allowed druids)
-Hlal, [CN,CG,NN], K&I + T&D
-Lendy, [LE,LN,LG,NN], H&H + W&D
-Tamara, [LG,NG,CG,NN], H&H + W&D

Hobgoblin deity added:
-Nomog-Geaya, [LE, NE], W&D + H&H

Altar Updates:
-Desecrate takes 18 seconds and freezes PC in place (there are VXFs every 6 seconds)
-If an altar is desecrated, then the deity that influenced it will be shown to clerics and characters with the gift of devotion (i.e. Desecrated by Bane!)

From Xerah and Red Ropes
===================
Aspects are distinct fragments of a deity in the Realms; regional variations so different they have not just a different name but maybe even a different ethos or portfolio. Sometimes they are the deities who have been defeated or subdued or even willingly absorbed but whose followers are not yet ready for the "true faith".

The following god-aspects have been added as powers to be worshipped. Eventually, there will be a system for a more interesting interaction with their parent religion. The lore blurbs here are only meant to give you atmospheric insight and in some cases are META-KNOWLEDGE that really only the gods might know or what your general normie in the Realms knows.
http://wiki.nwnarelith.com/Deity_Aspects

From Bat Country
================
- Made Izlude's Torment more mundane-accessible.
- Deep Imaskari no longer chased off with sticks by writ-giving NPCs for being tall weird humans.
- Zhent Fear Speakers now gain the benefit of Bardic Knowledge.
- New chat command '-listoutfit' will, go figure, provide a list of all saved outfits.
- Added scroll merchant/scrollcase seller to Sibayad.
- Skaljard (Stores) locked doors are now unlocked. This is to prevent a bug which causes them to sometimes respawn in funky ways after area cleanup and make the dungeon completely impassable. I will review possible ways to re-work these doors Some Day.

From Danger Dolphin
===================
- More fashion-related QoL, '-saveoutfit' now remembers if your helmet and cloak were showing (via -helm and -cloak) and reloads that state when you use -loadoutfit.
- Curse song now only rolls damage once for all targets (efficiency improvements mandated this, attempting to avoid Beamdog bug with AoE loops not catching all targets).

Done.

Irongron

Post by Irongron » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:54 pm

From Xerah & RedRopes
===================
Two new deity groups added, Maztican and Celestials

----------
Maztican:
(Mostly intended for Shamans but open to all divine classes)

Maztica / NN,NG,NE,CN,LN / Nature + H&H
Qotal / LG,NG,CG,LN / Magic + H&H
Zaltec / CE,NE,CN / Magic + W&D
Azul / LE,NE,LN / Nature + H&H
Tezca / CE,NE,CN / Nature + W&D
Plutoq / LN,LG,LE / Nature + K&I
Kiltzi / CG,NG,CN / Magic + H&H
Watil / NG,LG,CG,TN / Nature+ H&H
Nula / CN,CG,CE / Nature + H&H
Eha / CN,CG,CE / Nature + T&D
----------

Celestials:

You cannot worship celestials as your patron deity (it is a sin) however, you can attune to them. PCs will not be able to create a celestial altar either. There will be a location in game you can visit to attune to these.

Barachiel / LG / K&I + H&H
Domiel / LG / W&D + H&H
Erathaol / LG / K&I + Magic
Pistis Sophia / LG / K&I + H&H
Raziel / LG / W&D + H&H
Sealtiel / LG / H&H + W&D
Zaphkiel / LG / H&H + W&D

From Myself
------------------

-Fixed an old script that wasn't functioning, meaning more NPCs might be recognsing the settlement leaders

- A visual update to the Hub (Inner) - this is the upper level of the Hub and the nearby player run bar/shop accessible from the West Wheel

- A large amount of NuGuld additions, including 8 more levels to the Deep Well dungeon (opening on Valentine's Day Weekend)

From Beamdog
-----------------------

Because I don't play so often, things can remain broken if I'm not there to notice they are not working in the live game. Thus, a few days ago, I discoved that ALL THE FLICKERING torches, across the module were no longer working, plunging a lot of the module into darkness. Frankly that this hadn't been noticed or reported by anyone was shocking, and was true not only on Arelith ,but across all of NWN. Beamdog moved quickly to fix this, and supplied us with an update to our HAK package to get them shining again. The fix for the base game should go live in the next NwN update.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:29 am

New armour - a Songswords Guard - chaimail is in the crafting matrix now -thanks to Danger Dolphin. So now all you minstrels, bards, troubadores and wandering skalds can look flashy and stay safe!
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

Irongron

Post by Irongron » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:18 am

From Next Reset:

From myself and Msheeler
======================

- Update to Guldorand Logging Camp, now called Guldorand (Westcliff). This includes the conversation of one residence to a noble estate (second in the next days), a significant rework of the Lumbermill & Axehold, a sprucing up for the Logjam main floor, and various visual updates throughout the village.

- More Guld City preparation.

From Garrbear
==================
MONK REWORK

Just kidding. Spellsword/monk no longer get ubab when using a katana, and they now get ubab when using a sai or naginata.

From Bat Country
================
- Altars added to the seven new Celestial powers for attunement.

Contributor
Contributor

Post by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:27 pm

From myself
================
- Layout adjustments to Shadow Plane Scriptorium for better playability/general QoL.
- Fixed inaccessible Shadow Door.

Done.

Irongron

Post by Irongron » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:43 am

From Myself
------------------

- In light on the ongoing crisis in Myon, the area has been heavily adjusted.

(which leads onto something rather exciting...)

From Anatida
--------------------

- The High Elven Hall of Guldorand

Ahead of schedule the High Elven Hall in Guldorand is now accessible from Myon, via a new portal.

This is the seat of elven power in the new city. Access to the larger city and Elven Quarter will remain closed until the formal opening on the 12th of February. but Myon citizens (now termed 'advocates' following player feedback earlier in the year) can access and inhabit the hall.

Almost of the NPCs and player shops from the outer area of Myon are now present in the building.

The player houses in outer Myon (except the House of Reverie which currently remains open) have CLOSED. Players owning either of these now own towers in the High Elven Hall, and will find their storage chests within. The old houses remain available to them in Myon so as to transport any fixtures they have placed there.

The Twilight Grove & Tower are unaffected by this update.

Irongron Note: It was my original intention to open the Hall alongside the new city, but events in Myon led me to the decision to open this small part of the city ahead of the launch date. My thanks to DM Avalon Soul for facilitating the associated narrative over the last weeks, and to Anatida for doing some amazing area work in dressing the original, bare shell of an area I created for this update.

Elsewhere...

From Myself
------------------

- I've added roughly 30 new creatures in advance of the city opening, and reskinned and significantly adjusted the Boogins, who will be removed from the Arelith Forest.

From Morderon
-----------------------

- More isolated a significant area of performance drops on the surface, which should cause a noticable improvement. In order to facilitate this I had to remove many of the unique containers from the 'Cargo Ship' locations accessible via the shipping the system. These will now spawn regular treasure containers.

Irongron

Post by Irongron » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:41 am

Were it not for the launch of the new city in less than 2 weeks, this would almost certainly be the big news for Arelith in 2021...

From Myself.
==========

(Also on our Home Page

A Whole New Myon.

This update replaces all areas in the existing Myon, except for the Tower interior, which has been partially updated.

Including

- A large new exterior

- A replacement to the House of Reverie, utilising another new tileset as yet unseen on Arelith

- The 'Gallery Oak' - A place for those of Myon to display their extensive collection of player art

- The Crystal Pools

Note: The previous Myon areas are being left in game for a time so that players may arrange to collect any fixtures left over with the DM Team. If you log in those areas you may still use the Mythal portal to return to the Forest, upon reentering Myon you will be transported to the updated area.

- As with other new areas Myon has new music throughout

Please report any bugs on the forum!

From our resident artist, Matheus Graef & the Art Team, and the players themselves:
========================

- A number of commissioned character portraits have been added as paintings to the main game, each with the kind permission of the owning players. These will be gradually placed throughout the game, so expect to see them crop up in new areas.

Contributor
Contributor

Post by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:58 am

From Garrbear
===============
A few changes to Scintillating Pattern:
- Fixed a bug where creatures with >13 HD were only counting as 13 in regards to the max 20 HD affected component.
- Added a will saving throw to PCs with >20 levels.

From Bat Country
================
hobgoblin hobgoblin hobgoblin hobgoblin hobgoblin
(This is a hobgoblin reskin update, and no reward is required to create one anymore; just select Half-Elf on creation.)

From Kenji
===============
- Shamans and Favored Souls now have access to Elemental Weapon (formerly known as Flame Weapon).
- Masterly Damask Throwing Dagger Bundles can be created via Create Ammunition now.
- Bronze Throwing Dagger damage fixed.
- Whirlwind Attack can no longer be used in parry mode or while at death's door (below 0hp).

From Morderon
===============
- Some under-the-hood updates targeting server performance and stability.
- (That is to say, targeting them for improvement, not destruction. We hope.)

Done.

Contributor
Contributor

Post by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:30 pm

From myself
================
- Henchmen can no longer be hired by level 30 characters.

Developer notes: Limited/individual resources on the server, like henchmen or quarters or ships, require a sense of fairness and good gamesmanship for everyone to get to get a round to use them. The above henchmen restriction was added due to several being hired as 'pets' rather than for adventuring, and done so persistently over the course of months, resulting in them often-to-usually being unavailable for anyone else.

If there were infinite henchmen there'd be no issue, but for limited resources our expectation is that everyone should have their fair chance to use them. We have property rules and DMs to help enforce this for the 'big' resources like quarters and shops, but please don't forget to be gracious and to restrain yourself with the 'smaller' resources (like Henchmen) too.

Done.

Contributor
Contributor

Post by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:13 pm

From myself
================
- Visual updates to Andunor exterior areas.

Done.

Irongron

Post by Irongron » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:13 am

From Spyre, Mord and Myself:

New Server - Arelith Guldorand
---------------------------------------------

This server holds the new city and surrounding lands, including Soulhaven. Server transitions exist at the Guldorand Logging Grounds, the Bridge of Thieves, and when using the caravan to access the monastery. Keep in mind we haven't updated the portal page yet, so characters on the server will not be shown there. We hope to get that done in the next days.

Guldorand (Westcliff) the old logging village, will remain on the surface server.

The new server is on port 5125

From Msheeler
-----------------------

A number of fixes and visual upgrades to Wescliff.

Contributor
Contributor

Post by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:26 am

For the opening of New Guldorand
From Anatida, SweetPotato, and R0gue

==================
- Custom Commissioned Arelith Character Artwork placeables
- Custom map placeables for New Guldorand

From Anatida
==================
- Custom armor and banner for the Flaming Fist mercenary company.
- Numerous new tilesets
- Numerous Beamdog assets added for console players to be able to play with the latest content

From Xerah and Kalopsia
==========================
Specialist Wizards have been updated to the following in addition to the usual bonus spell slots, all specialists gain the following:

+ At Wizard level 1, specialists receive a thematic, passive bonus related to their school of choice.
+ At Wizard level 10, specialists receive Arcane Defense against their chosen school for free.
+ At Wizard level 15, specialists receive a “signature spell” of their chosen school. They can cast this spell on a 3-minute cooldown.

Upon taking the GSF and ESF feats in their chosen school, they gain additional thematic benefits in addition to the usual GSF/ESF bonuses.

Abjuration (opposed by Conjuration)
+ Passive bonus: +1/+2 CL against dispels, unlocked at Wizard levels 20 and 28.
+ Signature spell: Globe of invulnerability
+ GSF bonus: +2 bonus save to protection vs spells
+ ESF bonus: +2 breached effects for Greater Spell Breach and Disjunction

Conjuration (opposed by Transmutation)
+ Passive bonus: summon tier increase (works like Animal domain; GSF will provide stat bonuses rather than further increasing summon tier)
+ Signature spell: Acid fog
+ GSF bonus: Alignment divergence is 10% less likely to result in a hostile summon.
+ ESF bonus: 25% chance to summon an elemental monolith with Summon Creature IX.

Divination (opposed by Illusion)
+ Passive bonus: The truesight effect of the True Seeing spell lasts 1 round longer (total of 2 rounds base, and 4 rounds with extended); Spell Foci of 1/2/4 are added afterwards (i.e. an extend TS cast by a diviner is 8 rounds long)
+ Signature spell: True Seeing
+ GSF bonus: Clairaudience/clairvoyance duration increases to turns per level
+ ESF bonus: Scrying duration doubled and scrying harder to detect for other diviners

Enchantment (opposed by Illusion)
+ Passive bonus: bonus to dominated creatures similar to summon scaling based on spell foci
+ Signature spell: Good Hope
+ GSF bonus: Dominate Person/Monster duration increases to hours per level
+ ESF bonus: Crushing despair gains 2+1 per 10L for a debuff; good hope gains 2+1 per 10 base leadership+Skill Foci ranks for skills/saves; and +1 per 15 base leadership ranks to AB/Damage

Evocation (opposed by Conjuration) (note true flame is excluded from this)
+ Passive bonus: IGMS can hit single targets with up to 11 missiles instead of 10 and does 21 total instead of 20 // IMS can hit up to 11 instead of 10.
+ Signature spell: Isaac's greater missile storm
+ GSF bonus: +1 to Evocation spell DCs
+ ESF bonus: Evocation spells no longer consume spell components

Illusion (opposed by Enchantment)
+ Passive bonus: Bluff/Perform bonus equal to Wizard level/3
+ Signature spell: Phantasm killer
+ GSF bonus: Can mimic a single stat even without skill investment. Also gains a +10 bonus to all hidden skill checks related to mimicking abilities. (Does not apply to disguises.)
+ ESF bonus: Invisibility spell duration extended (can’t stack with meta magic); improved invisibility given 50% + CL-25 (min 50) concealment (i.e. 55% for 30 wizard)

Necromancy (opposed by Divination)
+ Passive bonus: +2 to Undead Caster Level
+ Signature spell: Circle of death
+ GSF bonus: Regular GSF: Necromancy summon stat bonuses doubled
+ ESF bonus: 25% chance to create two Dread Mummies with Mummy Dust instead of one.

Transmutation (opposed by Conjuration)
+ Passive bonus: animal spells are automatically maximized
+ Signature spell: Tenser's transformation
+ GSF bonus: +1 to all animal spells (allowing for a reliable +8 with ESF, no metamagic required)
+ ESF bonus: Maximized HP gain for Tensers and gain level/6 AB

Developer Commentary:
Specialist wizards (aside from illusionists) have long been skipped over generalist wizards. This is mostly because all the schools offer something that is very key to the wizard’s abilities (with illusion, you can skip over enchantment without losing anything important) and skipping one is not enough benefit to do so. These updates have been made to make a competitive choice to generalists.

Note that we many need to further adjust these numbers/abilities if they are over/under tuned and the relative strength is really based upon what someone is giving up.

These changes should apply retroactively to any of the (few) specialist wizards out there. Make sure to transition/log in-out if they are not showing up. No rebuilds are being offered due to these changes (even if you have a wizard who would totally be a specialist wizard if you knew ahead of time).

Also, given that the new city is coming with a Thayan Enclave, there is no better time than now to try out a new specialist wizard!

- Tensor's Transformation has been changed to follow same BAB increase logic and extra attacks as divine power and the polymorph model is now a minogon; there is a 80% wizard level requirement to cast and cannot be cast as a spellsword
- 10 minute cooldown added to -scry
Duration of Scry increased to 120 seconds.

From Kenji, Sweet Potato, Anatida, Mythic/Merry, Red Ropes, Aniel, et al., 2021
==================
Cavalier Expansion
Three new Cavalry Weapons
All are Medium sized, Exotic or Cavalier Weapon Proficiency, and can -twohand for bonus str damage scaling (no AB bonus). They can still be used when on-foot or dismounted.
Lance: now has weapon VFX
Cavalry Axe: 2d4 x3 Slashing/Piercing
Cavalry Sword: 2d4 19-20 x2 Slashing/Piercing
Cavalry Hammer: 2d4 20 x3 Bludgeoning/Piercing

Spirited Charge:
- Can now be used by all types of weapons
- Weapons that are considered light for the player character can not be used for Spirited Charge unless it's light flail
(ex. A hin can't charge with a dagger, but can do so with a shortsword. A human can't charge with a shortsword, but can do so with a light flail)
- On-foot spirited charge remains unchanged for non-cavalry weapons, cavalry weapons (listed below) will have +3 AB instead of +2.

Non-Cavalry Weapon Spirited Charge Damage, WM's Weapon of Choice doesn't help with threat range:
1-handed weapon: 5*CL base dmg, 20 x1.5 crit
2-handed weapon: 6*CL base dmg, 20 x1.75 crit

Weapons that are considered cavalry weapons have special interactions with Spirited Charge:
Lance (Med&Small): 7*CL base dmg, 20 x1.5 crit
Spear: 6*CL base dmg, 20 x1.5 crit
Cavalry Axe: 6*CL base dmg, 20 x1.75 crit, 4s daze and mild bleed
Cavalry/Bastard Sword: 6*CL base dmg, 19-20 x1.5 crit, 2s daze and moderate bleed
Cavalry Hammer: 5*CL base dmg, 19-20 x1.5 crit, 3s knockdown and 3s stun
Warmace: 5*CL base dmg, 20 x2 crit, 3s knockdown and 3s stun
Mace(Small): 5*CL base dmg, 20 x1.5 crit, 3s knockdown and 3s stun
Light Flail: 5*CL base dmg, 19-20 x1.5 crit, 3s knockdown and 3s stun
Heavy Flail: 6*CL base dmg, 20 x1.5 crit, 4.5s knockdown and 3s stun
Morningstar: 5*CL base dmg, 20 x1.5 crit, 3s knockdown, 1.5s stun, and mild bleed
Katana/Wakizashi(Small): 6*CL base dmg, 19-20 x1.5 crit, severe bleed
Naginata: 3*CL base dmg, 20 x2 crit but hits twice, mild bleed

CL stands for Character Level, all cav weapons have their weapon damage dice added onto the damage multiplier except lance and spear, which are 1d20.
Ex: A level 30 cavalier wielding a Cavalry Hammer will charge for 2d4 + 5*30 damage, multiplied by 1.5 if it crits. (The crit doesn't need confirmation vs Armor Class, so higher AC doesn't necessarily mean less chance to be crit'd)
Weapon of Choice and Ki Critical from Weapon Master will reduce threat range further by 1

Note: Bleed damage isn't introduced yet and will require further feedbacks on the current damage/CC as they are before being implemented to prevent overtuning.

Done.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:54 am

From Spyre and DM Starfish
=======================

Cloak Update
------------

- 92 new cloaks added into the customization options.
- Cloaks have been added with generic designs, scarves, faction representation and deity-specific cloaks (all alphabetical order).
- Some cloaks have transparency options (to achieve the transparency, you have to use the chrome colour (this will lead to 100% transparency).
- All cloaks are have complete colour customization.

(These will be available upon next reset). The Wiki will be updated with a table as soon as possible.

Irongron

Post by Irongron » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:08 pm

The City State of Guldorand is now Live!
=============================

- 3 distinct districts with different themes

The Elven Quarter -Adminstered by the Coronal of Myon
The Main (Fortress City) - Administered by the High Sheriff of Guldorand
The Free Port - No Settlement control

- Dozens of NPC Factions and Merchants

- Over fifty player homes
- 4 extensive Noble Estates
- A number of unique player shop buildings

Elsewhere....

A theatre, taverns, a number of temples (NPC & Player run), Embassies, and much, much more.

A special thanks to the artists and commissioning players who allowed their exclusive Arelith inspired paintings to be used in 'The Corner Galllery'

- The Deep Wells

- A huge dungeon network of the likes Arelith has never seen.
- Other dungeons!
- 5 new player ships
-Over 100 new creatures, many of which using new models

Developer Notes
==============

This, as some of you know, was no ordinary project. I began this before Tyrants, as I attempted to get a handle on HAK content and what we could use. At that time I did not know I would go on to work on NWN professionally, and the tilesets I used to sketch out the city would become part of the base game. For long time this was a project I dipped in and out of, as I completed a number of other projects alongside. When Tyrants of the Moonsea came along I had to drop it entirely, but in the long run? That not only taught me a lot more about making 'proper' Forgotten Realms cities, but allowed me, as Lead Level Design to actually request new content, and work with the creator of the tileset itself.

So what you see in Guldorand isn't just a collection of HAKs thrown together, but some, very specific designs, many of which were worked on alongside Tyrants. Even the Load Screens for the city that are now part of the base NWN game, I personally took. This was all very much a labour of love, but I can't let this particular update pass without rollout out some thanks.

First off, then, to some people outside the Arelith Team.

Zwerkules

The new city sure is breathtaking, but he's the one to thank for that. He created the tileset used throughout the exterior, and I had the pleasure of working with him directly on Tyrants. Even during the production of Guldorand I found issues with the tileset which he was quick to fix.

Bill Harper

This guy does a lot of the Toolset work for Beamdog, and made many of the assets used in Tyrants, and repurposed for us here. He improved the models we used in making the new Myon, and worked on many of the bug fixes in the original NWN tilesets. Sure, he might be an employee, but nobody who works for NWN is it in the for the cash. A true perfectionist, all of us within the NWN community owe him a real debt of thanks for just how dilligent he has been in making repairs to the base game.

The NWN Vault Team (And those who contribute towards it)

We are truly standing on the shoulders of giants with this city, as we much of what we are seeing wouldn't have been possible with all the amazingf work done by the NWN modding community over the years. At Arelith we were late to that party, forgoing HAKs for many years, but when we finally arrived? What we found was a wonderfully produced and professionally curated wealth of assets to improve any server.

Ossian Studios

Many of those great new assets that went live on NWN during the update at the end of last year came from Ossian. There weren't obliged to turn over all of their content to Beamdog to be updated into the main game, but after a number of conversation held between myself and the studio, and due to their obvious fondness for the game and the community, togeher they curated this content and produced the update that made a lot of this possible. So if you're wandering the new city and digging the new music, it didn't come out of thin air. Ossian put those tunes together, and much, much else.

Next, those within the team.

Please keep in mind Arelith has a massive creative team now, and with something this big, no matter how humble some our devs might be they all played their part. I'm not going to list everyone though, but those I feel I can easily credit within specific content.

Msheeler

A relatively recent additino to the Arelith area team, Msheeler neverthless because the 'secondary' lead on this project. Not only were they my go-to person when to geting a handle on Guldorand and the setting, but produced some of the most stunning areas in the update. The Scrivnener's Keep, the Guldorand State Building & Meeting Hall. They also worked on the Deep Wells, reading my documents closer than I could have hoped, an really capturing the alien feel I was aiming for. Venture down far enough into the Wells and you'll hit some of the most amazing cave content I've ever seen produced for our server. Really an extraordinary talent, and without whom, we would likely be waiting until at least the middle of 2021 to see this city realised.

Anatida

I've said it before, but you all don't see just everything she does. Curating the HAK content allowed us to this in the first place, and if that wasn't enough she also did the High Elven Hall, and most of the small house interiors you'll find in the city. I've come to realise this is a person with a great love of Arelith, and who routinely goes out of her way to make the game better for all of us.

Red Ropes

Red Ropes came in as a writer, with a deep knowledge of the Forgotten Realms. They helped with a number of NPCs in the city, including some members of the Founders Council. It's great to see a different voice than my own when speaking with NPCs, and it gives the city a depth I think it would otherwise have been lacking.

And now, to everyone else.

The larger art team got us those paintings made, and fixed up other assets, A huge thanks to all of them.

Spyre - like Anatida this is a person who will make himself avaiable at the drop of a hat to get things done for Arelith. We saw these cloaks come in today, but it goes far deeper than that. He spent this week getting our new server up and running, fixing up the reward system and a number of other behind the scenes essentials.

Hoodoo - He's very much become a technical troubleshooter for us, taking care of a number of essential scripts before the update, and being on hand throughout the day to fix up the inevitable issues with the launch. After getting the last pieces of content uploaded today I could barely focus on my screen, let alone stay on top of bugs and other issues. He was standing by to take up the baton, and ensure the work of everyone above could be properly realised on the day.

Bat Country - He'll say he didn't do anything for this city, but its far from true. He's been reviewing HAK content, fixing up tilesets, and getting new creatures live at a significant rate. There is an enthusiasm here for developing and improving Arelith that is pretty exciting for me to see. It's a real pleasure to work alongside him.

I could probably find more people to thank, as I say everyone did something. Action Replay fixed up the ships. Kuna wrote the excellent 'Chronomancer' in the clock tower, and Grumpy produced some excellent clothing for the NPC Merchants, but while in my more energetic moments I could likely wax lyrical for hours about all of these people, right now I can feel a lengthy development hangover coming on...

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:03 pm

Another small change that slipped in here- Good Underdarker award now requires a 30 or 40 rpr. However, 20rpr players can still take the award, if they send an application to the DMs.

Thank you.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:51 pm

Small update - due to numbers RDD is back up to a major award again.
This too shall pass.