Cavalier Class bug report thread (Leveling, Feats, Spirited Charge, etc.)

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Simondelsolis

Re: Cavalier Class bug report thread (Leveling, Feats, Spirited Charge, etc.)

Post by Simondelsolis » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:52 pm

Character - Edmund del Solis. Pal 21/ Cav 5.

A few weeks back Spirited charge stopped working. Heavy lance with the charge only does the 1d8 +reg. Dmg.

Last week, Summon Mount Stopped working too. As of today... still unable to summon mount.

Svrtr
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Svrtr » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:06 am

At the time it was 3 levels into monk and 4 into PDK that I was trying to take cavalier at, IE at level 8. Albeit it happened with any number of levels of both

PGCC

Duergar, had 20 CON, 18 STR, 9 DEX, 14 INT, 4 CHA, 8 WIS

Expertise at level 1, 5 points in tumble, max ride and discipline.

Took SF discipline at level 3 after taking 3 monk, took 4 knight having taken mounted combat at level 6, tried taking cavalier at level 8, prevented me then and every level thereafter
Last edited by Svrtr on Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kenji
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Kenji » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:30 am

If you guys can, please also provide the servers your characters were on on top of character race, class levels, and etc.
PGCC or Live, if live, Guldorand, Surface, or etc.

Edit your posts to provide as many details as you can, I’ll go over them.
Simondelsolis wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:52 pm
Character - Edmund del Solis. Pal 21/ Cav 5.

A few weeks back Spirited charge stopped working. Heavy lance with the charge only does the 1d8 +reg. Dmg.

Last week, Summon Mount Stopped working too. As of today... still unable to summon mount.
Spirited Charge was disabled for around a month until an exploit was fixed.

Summon mount bug has been identified and a relevant fix will be in the pipeline.
strong yeet wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:12 am
All of the new cavalier weapons are not able to have their appearances changed. When you try to change their appearance, it says "No weapon equipped in the right hand."

Screenshot here of what happens:
The problem has been identified, a potential fix is in the pipeline. Keep an eye out for relevant announcement.

DeepDarkTruth

Post by DeepDarkTruth » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:42 am

I updated previous posts with requested descriptions.
"Hey, I don't make the crazy rules, I just twist them to my purpose." - Celia, The order of the Stick.

~~Rachel M'haaren~~ - Strangled by plague elf
~~Sipas~~ - Lost searching for ancient tomes in the sands
~~Marley Goodman~~ - Dead and rotting

Oh the hu-merman-ty

Post by Oh the hu-merman-ty » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:07 am

And not sure if this is part of this bug, but the plate breaker lance bonus damage not working, things with high imunnity to pierce nearly resisting all of the damage but essence, not counting the bonus bludgoening or slashing.

And I can't seem to summon a horse on any server shard, with 15 bard, 10 knight, 5 cavalier.
Last edited by Oh the hu-merman-ty on Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Morto

Post by Morto » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:13 pm

Mounted Spirited Charge with a Halberd, "Can't Determine your weapon Type! Please report this to the devs."

On Foot Spirited Charge's AB bonus does not work on 2 handed weapons. (Does not stack with existing +2AB from these weapons). This was tested on a lvl 1 Cavalier.

[Redacted]

Lexx

Post by Lexx » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:48 am

Fighter 6, cav 3 and cannot summon a mount using normal or special option. On any server so far on the main servers. The cast goes off in log but no result.

Kenji

Post by Kenji » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:33 am

I've had reports of the following bugs being fixed:
Cavalier levels can be taken on live servers but not PGCC
Cavalry Weapons can now be customized
Mounts can be summoned

Please test again and see if any of the above are still not working as intended. Especially the Summon (Special) Mounts.

List out the following:
Class Levels and spread
Character Race
Which server was it and was it outdoors or indoors
Any details that you can think of

Feel free to edit your posts and I'll go over them.
Svrtr wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:06 am
Duergar
Currently, the UD races (and any large races) aren't allowed to take Cavalier levels. We're still discussing whether to allow the class to be taken by UD races or not, but for the time being only surface non-large races should be able to take Cavalier levels.
Morto wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:13 pm
Mounted Spirited Charge with a Halberd, "Can't Determine your weapon Type! Please report this to the devs."
Problem has been identified. If anyone has spare time, please test and report any weapons with multiple base damage types (slash/pierce or bludgeon/pierce) that are also showing this debug message.
Morto wrote:
On Foot Spirited Charge's AB bonus does not work on 2 handed weapons. (Does not stack with existing +2AB from these weapons). This was tested on a lvl 1 Cavalier.
I have updated the Cavalier wiki page to provide more details.
On-foot spirited charge's AB bonus (for non-cav weapons) has been changed to +1 AB at Cav 2. +2 AB at Cav 6, +3 AB at Cav 10.
For cav weapons, it'd be +1 AB at Cav 1 and +1 at every 3rd level after (Cav 4, Cav 7, and Cav 10).

If you were using a non-cav 2H weapon with 1 level of cavalier, then there's no bonus to on-foot charge yet. But let me know if it doesn't stack at later cavalier levels.

Amnesy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Amnesy » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:39 pm

I've had reports of the following bugs being fixed:
Cavalier levels can be taken on live servers but not PGCC
Cavalry Weapons can now be customized
Mounts can be summoned

Please test again and see if any of the above are still not working as intended.
I could not pick Cavalier levels on PGCC due to 'Character having too many feats'.

Morto

Post by Morto » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:30 pm

Kenji wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:33 am
Morto wrote:
I have updated the Cavalier wiki page to provide more details.
On-foot spirited charge's AB bonus (for non-cav weapons) has been changed to +1 AB at Cav 2. +2 AB at Cav 6, +3 AB at Cav 10.
For cav weapons, it'd be +1 AB at Cav 1 and +1 at every 3rd level after (Cav 4, Cav 7, and Cav 10).

If you were using a non-cav 2H weapon with 1 level of cavalier, then there's no bonus to on-foot charge yet. But let me know if it doesn't stack at later cavalier levels.
Re-tested this. 19 Barbarian, 1 Cavalier, wielding a Heavy Flail (Listed as Cavalier weapon) Still no +1AB noticed when using on foot spirited charge.

Again I'm fairly certain this is due to the cavalier bonus not stacking with the +2AB bonus from 2h weapons. Because the Spirited IS showing the +1AB under same conditions but with a light flail.

Will check again at later cavalier levels.

[Redacted]

Oh the hu-merman-ty

Post by Oh the hu-merman-ty » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:18 am

As far as I can tell my spirited charge works as intended with a plate breaker lance hitting in the region, only doing one attack, but during the cool down period it floods my combat log box with a yellow message saying, "YOu have more than one attack a round with spirited charge activated please report to your nearest dev." Despite, it only does the one attack in the round for high damage, then after that round turns back to normal attacks, and the messages keep flooding till it's off cool down and not used for about 10 rounds

Kenji

Post by Kenji » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:39 am

I've observed some Platebreaker lances still having +5 Enhancement instead of +4. Can anyone confirm that their existing Platebreaker Lance that was crafted pre-nerf has been reduced to +4 Enhancement upon doing something with it? Like equipping it or putting in storage, etc.

Skibbles

Post by Skibbles » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:46 pm

I imported a cavalry sword to PGCC to play with (I just had to see what it looked like) and found that only the sonic and electrical VFX seem to work for it whilst the rest can't be seen. I confirmed it with a nearby player to make it wasn't just me.

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but I didn't want to create more threads then was wanted.
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.

Oh the hu-merman-ty

Post by Oh the hu-merman-ty » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:31 am

I've noticed the average damage range of my spirited charge is 190-210 at 10 bard, 10 knight, 10 cavalier, but sometimes, when the plate breaker lance itself scores a critical damage it seems to skewer the math and it goes down to 150-160, everytime the weapon itself scores a critical hit, unsure if this is intended or there is unseen spirited charge math or.

Gazfrost

Post by Gazfrost » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:00 am

I'm doing this for a friend that does not want to put the bug in.

He plays the Xbox.. seems when his cavalier sword is out and portals to Guldorand logging grounds or enters there from other area it crashes and can't log in and keeps crashing when logging in to the same place.. this is fixed if he enters another server like cordor 2x and removes the cavalier sword before going to the surface server again then it's stable.. also game crashes if he tries action button that gives the options such as invite a player or use a ability if the cavalier sword is out, if the weapon is not out there is no crashing, if non cavalier weapon there is no crashes .. think he said its the RT button but im not sure that's right.

Lexx

Post by Lexx » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:29 pm

I get the debug to report about having more than 1 attack and shouldn't be able to spirited charge. The thing is it happens AFTER the spirited charge procs once. I am not seeing it proc more but every attack after whilst the movement bonus from charge happens sparks the debug message. So as far as I can see nothing is proccing that shouldn't be.

This is on what is a human water genasi. 6 fighter, 6 cav currently. On live servers.

Dreams

Post by Dreams » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:14 am

Can’t take levels in Cavalier on PGCC. Is this the case for live server also? Spyre has said on discord that they’re the same.

Lexx

Post by Lexx » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:22 pm

Dreams wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:14 am
Can’t take levels in Cavalier on PGCC. Is this the case for live server also? Spyre has said on discord that they’re the same.
I levelled a cav level just an hour back live. The PGCC is due to the 'Too many feats' bug that's specific to PGCC that's persisting.

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Ork » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:23 pm

PGCC won't let you take more than 5 cav levels currently when importing a character. In addition, it won't let you level about L3 Cav possibly due to the summon mount feat.

Oh the hu-merman-ty

Post by Oh the hu-merman-ty » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:39 am

I aplogize if this isn't a real bug report, but as I understood the big cavalier patch update the ride skill was supposed to offset the penalties to t umble for being mounted. But on the plated charges white or normal with a 10 bard/10pdk/10 cavalier, the tumble score is still at a penalty of like -60 despite having 69 ride to supposedly be at a +9. I admit I may just have understood what was meant on the patch notes by that.

Good Character

Post by Good Character » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:46 am

Oh the hu-merman-ty wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:39 am
I aplogize if this isn't a real bug report, but as I understood the big cavalier patch update the ride skill was supposed to offset the penalties to t umble for being mounted. But on the plated charges white or normal with a 10 bard/10pdk/10 cavalier, the tumble score is still at a penalty of like -60 despite having 69 ride to supposedly be at a +9. I admit I may just have understood what was meant on the patch notes by that.
If we're talking about this quote:
"These bonus ride ranks count towards retaining tumble AC while riding."

With how AC gained through Tumble works it's strictly base points (i.e. what you add when you level-up and go to the skill screen). While your armor is giving you a massive DEX decrease (due to Tumble being tied to DEX), you should still be getting how much AC per 5 tumble you had. For an example, 30 tumble should continue to yield you 6 AC.

Dreams

Post by Dreams » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:00 am

Human sized race, using light flail on horseback with Spirited Charge on main server gets:
https://imgur.com/t4aZ2pu

This wasn't shown on PGCC.

Code: Select all

Cavalry Weapons: Lance, Spear, Cavalry Axe, Cavalry Sword, Cavalry Hammer, Bastard Sword, War Mace, Light Mace, Heavy Flail, Light Flail, Morningstar, Katana, Wakizashi, and Naginata
Light Flail is a Cavalier Weapon, and specifically mentioned in updates that it works for a human during spirited charge.
Updates wrote:Spirited Charge:
- Can now be used by all types of weapons
- Weapons that are considered light for the player character can not be used for Spirited Charge unless it's light flail
(ex. A hin can't charge with a dagger, but can do so with a shortsword. A human can't charge with a shortsword, but can do so with a light flail)

DeepDarkTruth

Post by DeepDarkTruth » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:47 am

Alright so I've run across a few things on my cavalier and I'm just going to list them below.

Race: Human
Classes: Barb 16 CAV 10
Server: C&P; Surface; Guldorand

AC
I noticed a mention of the ride/tumble already and it might be working exactly how it is supposed to, but then the wiki is wrong and should be adapted.

This at least leads to believe the +20 ride bonus from Cav would count towards the 30 tumble for +6 AC, meaning with 10 tumble (cc) and 10 Cav you should get +6AC. I'm presently getting just +2 from tumble. - This might be how it's supposed to work, but the wiki at least leads you to believe otherwise.

Unmounted Spirited Charge

Does not appear to stack with -twohand

Trident without SC

Trident with SC

Only yields +1ab, wiki says +2 for non cav weapon.

Spear and shield without SC

Spear and shield with SC

Grants +4ab where wiki says +3.

Now I'm not going to complain about a higher ab than expected, but shouldn't it be stacking with -twohand at least? I double checked with a bastard sword, toggled off -twohand and it got +4ab with spirited charge still.

Edit: Just to make this a bit more weird. I tested with -twohand on a spear, and it gets +4 still. Making be believe the ab has to do with the +2ab from twohanded weapons, not properly stacking with SC since Trident only gets +1. (Spear doesn't get +2 ab from -twohand, as it shouldn't).
"Hey, I don't make the crazy rules, I just twist them to my purpose." - Celia, The order of the Stick.

~~Rachel M'haaren~~ - Strangled by plague elf
~~Sipas~~ - Lost searching for ancient tomes in the sands
~~Marley Goodman~~ - Dead and rotting

Inordinate
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Inordinate » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:57 am

Don't rely on the character sheet to get accurate AB reporting. Attack something and observe the rolls before reporting results.
If need there comes to shelter my ship on the flood;
The wind I calm upon the waves, and the sea I put to sleep

Kenji

Post by Kenji » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:20 pm

The following bugs have either been fixed or fixes are in the pipeline:
Summon Mount can summon mounts
Light flails can be used for Spirited Charge by medium-sized Cavs

The following things have been clarified:
Non-crit charges: a regular message ending with a period.
Crit charges: a message including "devastating charge" with an exclamation mark!
Platebreaker lance stat and material update on the wiki

Regarding Ride and Tumble interactions:
Whenever one rides, tumble AC is reduced to 0.
Ride regains said tumble AC for every matching rank.
Tumble is reduced by a large margin when riding.
Ride ranks do not regain those tumble ranks.

Example:
A 15 Tumble 20 Ride character would have 3 AC from tumble while riding and on foot.
A 20 Tumble 10 Ride character would have 2 AC from tumble while riding, but 4 AC while on foot.
A 5 tumble 30 Ride character would have 1 AC from tumble while riding and on foot.

Ride and Tumble interaction are still under review, so further clarification and edits will be in place eventually.
DeepDarkTruth wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:47 am
Charge AB scales with cavalier PrC levels. Refer to the cavalier spreadsheet for more detailed changes.

Those descriptions are usually what's on the in-game description where it's harder to write out the entire formula.

Wiki and in-game description will have Tumble/Ride interaction and charge AB clarified further to avoid confusion.
Morto wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:30 pm
The AB not stacking might've been intentional, it's now under review for balancing purposes.