Kudos to the new DMs

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Aradin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Kudos to the new DMs

Post by Aradin » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:41 am

Quick shoutout to the new DMs. I've seen a much more visible DM presence across all servers since the recent hiring, happily answering questions and popping in to add little bits of RP here and there. Good job, and don't burn yourselves out!

Was Lloyd Grimm, Sai Aung-K'yi, Stink Spellworped, Ikarus, and Revyn the White.

DM Snowcat

Re: Kudos to the new DMs

Post by DM Snowcat » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:31 pm

We take sacrifices as a thank you gift for this.
Or I do, I don't know about the others.

Perhaps not Luna.
Luna is very kind.

.... I take sacrifices as a thank you gift.
"Just want to remind everyone when talking about anything involving DM workload as if it's an easy thing, we have 153 players per dm." - Garrbear
[When Arelith goes down, only one Hero remains] Artistic Rendition (By LavaCookies)

DM Luna

Post by DM Luna » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:40 pm

I love you, too, Snowcat :>

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:20 pm

Agreed! It's nice to see the increased DM presence! Thank you to all the new DMs for sacrificing personal play time to aid others in this important, yet often under appreciated task.

Interium
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Interium » Mon May 03, 2021 8:49 am

I agree 100%. It really is a privilege for the players of this server and one we never should take for granted!
It really helps make the Island of Arelith feel even more alive.

Aodh Lazuli
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Aodh Lazuli » Mon May 03, 2021 1:33 pm

Snowcat has been and continues to be excellent, creating the best DM NPC I've ever encountered, and doing stuff on a really nice scale. Large enough to feel there are stakes, small enough to be manageable. Really really nicely weighted stuff... Well written, engaging.

Mad props to Snowcat.
Sofawiel wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:09 pm
Dont text eggplants.

Flower Power

Post by Flower Power » Mon May 03, 2021 9:33 pm

Aodh Lazuli wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 1:33 pm
Snowcat has been and continues to be excellent, creating the best DM NPC I've ever encountered, and doing stuff on a really nice scale. Large enough to feel there are stakes, small enough to be manageable. Really really nicely weighted stuff... Well written, engaging.

Mad props to Snowcat.
110%

I've seen the results of a Snowcat'ing a few times now, and their touch has added a good bit of life to random things happening here and there.

I also really appreciate the softer touch, when it comes to events: I know it's a lot harder to do while making sure that no one really feels left out from potentially getting DM attention, but selectively targeting smaller groups for certain things is really, really, really preferable over these massive events where half the server is in one area, fully warded with 20,000 spells or effects flying around.

Smaller events = no lag, we can all enjoy them fully
Big events = OH GOD WHY

It takes a bit more time and a bit more consideration to do it well, but Snowcat is exhibiting these things in spades.
what would fred rogers do?

DM Snowcat

Post by DM Snowcat » Wed May 05, 2021 8:45 pm

Aodh Lazuli wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 1:33 pm
Text
Flower Power wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 9:33 pm
Text
Both of your words are appreciated and noticed! :') Thank you for being part of the things I do, even though they do not always (often) make sense. In the end, the true Kudos goes to players that partake in the things we do. After all, the events don't go anywhere without the partaking players who drive them along.
"Just want to remind everyone when talking about anything involving DM workload as if it's an easy thing, we have 153 players per dm." - Garrbear
[When Arelith goes down, only one Hero remains] Artistic Rendition (By LavaCookies)