Shielding potions.

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

chris a gogo

Shielding potions.

Post by chris a gogo » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:51 pm

So I was playing and thought im running low of shield potions so i'll go find an NPC to buy them from...

None i can't find a single NPC anywhere on the surface to buy this level one very useful potion from, and when i went around Cordor asking everyone i met if they knew a place neither IC or OC not a single person in 4 days knows of anywhere that sells them.

Now i know they are sold in the UD server in at least two places one is race restricted and the other in the the Hub.
So why no sellers on the surface?

ZeroPointEnergy
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Shielding potions.

Post by ZeroPointEnergy » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:41 pm

It's probably an oversight and those two spots will probably be removed now. I partially joke, but the server's a giant frankenstein of different approaches and some spots are more mechanically useful than others. A developer that knows shield potions are really useful might not be the same case for someone else making another spot.

It's still pretty odd that surface has literally no shield potions for sale though.

Archnon

Post by Archnon » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:03 pm

The race restricted area of the UD is almost surface, though limited. Perhaps putting them in Sib and Myon might help with this.

-XXX-

Post by -XXX- » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:44 pm

There's at least one NPC vendor on the Surface who sells these potions.
They sell them for less than what would be the cost of making them with the brew potion feat.
This causes the scarcity as brewing them for sale is unviable.

ltlukoziuz

Post by ltlukoziuz » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:00 pm

It's only 75 gold to brew potion shield. Sure, the margin ain't much, but I would have no issue putting them in shop at 100-150 gold, considering the scarcity.

Currently playing: Sabina Paultier

chris a gogo

Post by chris a gogo » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:19 pm

If the reason for them not being on the surface npc vendors is an oversight rather than an intension I would rather they were just added to them.

Skibbles
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Skibbles » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:24 pm

-XXX- wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:44 pm
They sell them for less than what would be the cost of making them with the brew potion feat.
Yes there's one on the surface but the price is so low I hesitate to say where they are as it kinda feels FOIG.

That said it would probably be nice if more vendors had them if people are having a hard time finding them.

In the meantime, with just 5 lore to read them, shield scrolls are easily bought for 50 gold and weigh nothing!
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.

Archnon

Post by Archnon » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:07 pm

Skibbles wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:24 pm
-XXX- wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:44 pm
Yes there's one on the surface but the price is so low I hesitate to say where they are as it kinda feels FOIG.

That said it would probably be nice if more vendors had them if people are having a hard time finding them.

In the meantime, with just 5 lore to read them, shield scrolls are easily bought for 50 gold and weigh nothing!
The reason this thread is happening for the first time, in spite of shield potions always being a rarity on the surface, is that shield potions can now be used on summons while scrolls cannot.

Arguably, the change in the rules has created an open market that player-shops have not recognized or responded to.

Skibbles

Post by Skibbles » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:06 pm

Ooh I had no idea they could be used on summons. When was that added? Usually I keep up on the update thread but either I missed it or it was announced on discord only. That might explain it.

I'll be stocking some shield potions it sounds like!
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.