Kudos to fair-minded dungeon delvers

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Arienette
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Kudos to fair-minded dungeon delvers

Post by Arienette » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:18 am

This morning I was randomly exploring an epic dungeon and I kept getting bypassed by people who ran past me hasted and Invis.

Decided I needed to see “what’s up” with this place and came to find out that some desirable resources were spawning there.

This evening I decided to go back to the place and see if my luck would be any better. Came across some other folks in the place and instead of ignoring me and running on, or Going instantly to PvP, they RPed with me, let me help them out, and ended up sharing in the spoils at the end. Even though they didn’t have to.

I won’t name any names but I’m sure if you are reading this you might know who you are.

Generally, thank you to all the people out there who are excellent to your fellow players. Are generous when sharing in-game spaces and resources. The players playing high lvl PCs who evacuate when writ-runners encounter you while you are grinding gold, and everything of that sort.

I sometimes get discouraged after running into a few folks who decline to do these Excellent Things. But invariably I bump into enough people that are willing to make sure we all have a good time that it keeps me invested in this community.

DM MoonMoon
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Kudos to fair-minded dungeon delvers

Post by DM MoonMoon » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:29 am

I want to add to this a DM perspective:
I have seen players come across opposed factions, ie: Paladin coming across a necromancer.
And instead of going "die die die" they make an interaction, such as thinking the undead might not belong to the pc there, and they are under attack, giving them an out.
This doesnt break what a paladin is, they dont "know" that slow shambling creature is just following that running person!

What I am saying is, I have seen some amazing inclusive RP from people, and it warms my heart to see a majority of people are actually a good influence on the community and help one another.

Those who know they are doing good, let it know you are seen, and we do take notes!
DM Wraith: @DM MoonMoon Nice one, Idk howl you do it, it does seem a bit furfetched

dominantdrowess
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by dominantdrowess » Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:59 pm

DM MoonMoon wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:29 am
I want to add to this a DM perspective:
I have seen players come across opposed factions, ie: Paladin coming across a necromancer.
And instead of going "die die die" they make an interaction, such as thinking the undead might not belong to the pc there, and they are under attack, giving them an out.
This doesnt break what a paladin is, they dont "know" that slow shambling creature is just following that running person!

What I am saying is, I have seen some amazing inclusive RP from people, and it warms my heart to see a majority of people are actually a good influence on the community and help one another.

Those who know they are doing good, let it know you are seen, and we do take notes!
Saving a necromancer from their own undead -- that's actually a good way to do it, haha.

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:24 pm

Ive always wished that an auto invisibilty purge would be in a final room to fix the sneakers who rush and gather without facing the danger
Yes I can sign

Cabarcos
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Cabarcos » Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:34 pm

I usually wander alone, but you bump into people most of the days. From the ones that pass you by running, to the others that are always willing to RP with you, so you have fun with them. A lot of shades between black and white.
I've met a lot of people nice to play with by chance.
I don't like to rush dungeons. I was a member in D&D Online of the guild FONAS (Friends of Nice and Slow), meaning that to be a member you just needed to take it easy and to be friendly to everyone.

Usually, people are very polite and even thank you for a nice RP session when you meet them. If they are not my cup of tea, I just continue wandering alone after we finish the writ or whatever.

I've made a lot of characters, and only a few of them remained active for a while, but I think that with all of them, I have made some friends to play on the way, some for a few hours, some for some days, or weeks or months.

As in real life, you can find everything, and my characters usually like to toss a coin and to leave fate in the hands of Tymora.

Kenji

Post by Kenji » Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:08 pm

This is very wholesome, please post more stories like this.