[MEGATHREAD] Fixture Limit Reviews

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Morgy
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: [MEGATHREAD] Fixture Limit Reviews

Post by Morgy » Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:11 am

Current limit: 60

Favoured limit:90-120

Reasoning: 7 quarters, a classroom and hall/observatory. Very limited sharing ability for this ratio of quartes:fixtures.

edit by whitewingeddove: fixture limit increased to 120 on 10/24/23

Hragli

Post by Hragli » Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:22 am

Favoured limit wishlist: 100-120

Sounds nuts, but that's the number I'm coming up with to fill this empty space in a way that is both glorious and tasteful and less empty bank vault 8-)

Reasoning: The Halls are a big open space with a lot of floor. A lot of our fixture limit is dedicated to half-way furnishing a huge, beautiful temple which shares fixture limit with everything else, mostly with altars and statues to thirteen gods, most of which aren't module fixtures.

We've done a lot of paring back on fixtures such as unneeded boards and odds and ends. There is a little more paring back that we plan to do. But in the end, this is just too low for a storied dwarven hall with all of the crafting stations, essentials, altars, and new projects such as a public library (on lockable non-module fixtures like everyone else does), a series of statues of legendary heroes walking indoors from the East Gate, making the temple feel functional/alive.

East Gate lightning eats fixtures for breakfast. The Hall of Legend is awesome but out of the way. In short, we've got as much activity and history as other places, but not a lot of room to show it off in a way where writ-goers will likely see evidence of it and enjoy it. With a higher fixture limit, I think we could do some really neat stuff to make the halls look and feel alive.

edit by whitewingeddove: this area has been adjusted already, so marking as done

Muses:
Snorri Wordsmith, Once and Future King - Too Old for This
Lourenço Malhinde, Pursuivant of Siamorphe - Tea with the King

Hragli Truesilver, the God-Meddled - To Erackinor
Elric van der Weald, the Knight of the Winter Court - A Profane Sacrifice

Stalgren

Post by Stalgren » Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:38 am

Circled area using previously posted image

https://i.imgur.com/0gYaTEy.png

Current Limit: 60

Favoured Limit: 120+

Like much of the rest of treadstone, the 60 fixture limit for so many maps with multiple homes on them is very restrictive, the map i am on contains three or four houses and that leaves only 20 or 15 fixtures for each of us, the rest of the fixture space being taken leaving me with only 7 fixtures in my home before the limit is hit

edit by whitewingeddove: this area has been adjusted already, so marking as done

DM Spark

Post by DM Spark » Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:28 pm

Morto wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:52 pm

I would like to request a few areas have their allotted fixture count be increased. The 6-8 other players who also rent this area feel the same. This is a humble request and I mean this in politest manner.

This is from a perspective of moving from a cottage residence. This spot on Mesmer Lane, is more expensive, larger physical space, was harder to aquire, yet hass less built in accomodations and fixture space allocation per person.

These apartments are located in Cordor, Mesmer Lane Guild house.

There are two zones of apartments, each zone hosts three renters and 60 fixtures. Fair a fair allocation permits only 20 fixtures per rental. Which doesn't go far at all especially with all the wonderful fixtures available on Arelith these days. This is pitted against the big studio style apartments plus a loft. The great amount of space and the awkwardly fixed bed in the middle of the big room really begs for some fixtures to make it seem less empty and awkward.

Morto

Post by Morto » Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:01 am

Anatida - Replaced INT with STRING var Completed 5/3/2023

Current Limit: 60 per wing.

Favoured Limit: 120+. Per wing.

Thank you DM Spark for the Redirect.

DM Spark wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:28 pm
Morto wrote:

I would like to request a few areas have their allotted fixture count be increased. The 6-8 other players who also rent this area feel the same. This is a humble request and I mean this in politest manner.

This is from a perspective of moving from a cottage residence. This spot on Mesmer Lane, is more expensive, larger physical space, was harder to aquire, yet hass less built in accomodations and fixture space allocation per person.

There are two zones of apartments, each zone hosts three renters and 60 fixtures. Fair a fair allocation permits only 20 fixtures per rental. Which doesn't go far at all especially with all the wonderful fixtures available on Arelith these days. This is pitted against the big studio style apartments plus a loft. The great amount of space and the awkwardly fixed bed in the middle of the big room really begs for some fixtures to make it seem less empty and awkward.

[Redacted]

QueenOfCookies

Post by QueenOfCookies » Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:33 am

Morto wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:01 am

DM Spark wrote:
Morto wrote:

I've never replied to a forum like this before HOWEVER, I wanted to make my opinion known. Please please please give us an increased fixture limit! The fixture limit is so small compared to how much we have to share with such a large place. Also if you could please fix the bed from being in the center of the room.. that'd be great too. It's incredibly awkward.

D4wN

Post by D4wN » Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:13 am

QueenOfCookies wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:33 am
Morto wrote:

DM Spark wrote:

I've never replied to a forum like this before HOWEVER, I wanted to make my opinion known. Please please please give us an increased fixture limit! The fixture limit is so small compared to how much we have to share with such a large place. Also if you could please fix the bed from being in the center of the room.. that'd be great too. It's incredibly awkward.

I would like to add my voice to this as well. The bed being in the centre of the room is just really strange. But an increase in fixture limit for a big space like this would be very much appreciated. I believe the size and purpose of this large Guild House would warrant it.

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

Aeryeris

Post by Aeryeris » Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:01 pm

DM Spark wrote:
Morto wrote:

I would like to echo this. Similar apartment maps (for example the one in the Cordor barracks) have a fixture limit over 200. At the current rate the extremely limited fixture count is actually quite stifling to building a lasting community in the Mesmer Lane guild hall, which is a big shame. Also, the bed is in an awkward spot. It would be really great if especially the fixture limit could be addressed somewhat soon.

Currently playing: Ginny Fairlen

PhaerimmBane

Post by PhaerimmBane » Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:58 am

Additional echo here, as another resident of the manor. Not only are 20 fixtures rather low for such a wide open space, but they are also pre-determined on the assumption that all residents of a given wing follow that number, without going over.

AdreannaDrea

Post by AdreannaDrea » Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:19 pm

Devils Table Mansion Guildhouse

Current limit: 180
Proposed limit: either 260+, or split floors to have separate areas

Whilst 180 fixtures sounds like a lot, the actuality is that it's such a large sprawling area that filling the space in the entrance hall takes up the majority of the limit by itself, leaving the four personal quarters, kitchen, arena, chapel, barracks and cells, plus the long hallway feeling rather bare in comparison.

edit by whitewingeddove: fixture limit increased to 280 on 10/24/23

look...

Currently Playing:
Kethra Stormwind

Previous:
Nadara el Khalyd (Belford)
Alaunthrae Zau'rahel
Kerenza Massalan
Jenna Gaskell
Nathyria Angevin
Kalina 'Storm' Star

Disaster Lesbian

Post by Disaster Lesbian » Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:52 am

Sunset Woods.

Current limit: 0

Favoured Limit: 30+

Reasoning: Such a fairy tale-esque area should be able to be built upon, to further allow and add onto the aesthetic that the area has. By adding even a small limit to the area, it would enable to do so much more with the space.

edit by whitewingeddove: this area doesn't save any fixtures by design

Player Of:
Veisha Calan - Active;
Vanna Orthae-Orseeva - Shelved
Liliana Elossa - Rolled; Fighting Fiends in Avernus
Szol Shadowclaw - Rolled; Gone to rend kneecaps

Sariah N'landroshien - Rolled; Has become one with the Hag

Kythana

Post by Kythana » Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:24 pm

Guldorand (Fortress City) Chapel

Proposed limit: 120

Reasoning: Both the chapel available to the public and the back room are fairly large but also really barren. By having the two areas split between 60 fixtures, this also makes it exceedingly difficult to properly decorate either area well. Either the actual room for the character or the main chapel itself will likely have to compromise to make the other one actually seem complete.

sylaes_green

Post by sylaes_green » Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:45 am

Current limit: 195
Proposed limit: 230

Reason: With 6 quarters, a guildhouse, common room, 3 temples, library, and lobby; we have a lot of large and empty spaces. We make good use of the space we have. But a small bump in the fixture increase would be appreciated. That way some of our members can have that rug they rally want. Or add an extra chair or desk in their quarters.

edit by whitewingeddove: fixture limit increased to 250 on 10/24/23

Last edited by sylaes_green on Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Current: Xalden Grantz (AR177-current), a few unimportant side characters

Shelved: Petra Cystafein (AR 175-176), Phyrra Ssambra (AR178)

Dead and gone: Shandor Reyne

sylaes_green

Post by sylaes_green » Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:49 am

Falls of Ascension (Radiant Heart exterior)

Proposed limit: 70

Reasoning: We have a statue garden where we welcome members to place an altar of their faith, so they always have somewhere closely to pray. Mechanically, there's no more space. Physically, we can still add a few and it still be set up in a beautiful presentation.

edit by whitewingeddove: City areas/streets with notable foot traffic and NPCs are kept low on purpose. After reviewing the area and seeing the fixture spread and seeing the farm plot limits, 60 seems like an appropriate fixture limit for this area.

Current: Xalden Grantz (AR177-current), a few unimportant side characters

Shelved: Petra Cystafein (AR 175-176), Phyrra Ssambra (AR178)

Dead and gone: Shandor Reyne

Morto

Post by Morto » Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:30 pm

FIXTURE LIMIT REDUCTIONS.

Hello, in order to aid in the allocation of fixture limit space on the server. I've taken a personal attempted at finding and reporting on areas which could/should have their Limits REDUCED. Hopefully to re-allocate space to where it's needed (Please especially bump up Mesmer Lane Apartments, of Cordor.)

Cordor (The Walled City) Mesmer Walk (Cobbler's Shop)
ir_corcobblers
2x2 dimensions
Fixtures Present: 9
Proposed Limit: 10
Note: the 9 fixtures there are basically my own for simple storage. the physical space cant really fit more.

Area Name is: Cordor (The Walled City) Thoramind's golem Workshop
It's Dimensions are: 16x16
Area ResRef: corthorworkshop
Fixtures Present: 0
Proposed Limit: 20

Area name is: Cordor (the Walled City) Cultural District (Thoramind's Magic Shop)
It's Dimensions are: 5 x 10
Area ResRef: area035
Fixtures Present: 7
Proposed Limit: 30

Area name is: Cordor (The Walled City) Cultural district) Docklands (Slum Homes)
It's Dimensions are: 6 x 8
Area ResRef: ir_corslumhomes
Fixtures Present: 8

Area name is: Cordor (The Walled City) Salasker Square (Tattoo Parlour)
It's Dimensions are: 2 x 3
Area ResRef: cse_tatooshop
Fixtures Present: 11

Area name is: Cordor Sewers (Underpassages)
It's Dimensions are: 12 x 13
Area ResRef: cordorpassages

Area name is: Cordor (Farmlands) Coal Mines (Level One)
It's Dimensions are: 11 x 11
Area ResRef: cordorcoalmines

Area name is: Cordor (Farmlands) Coal Mines (Level Two)
It's Dimensions are: 12 x 12
Area ResRef: cordorcoalmines2

Area name is: Cordor (The Walled city) Government District (Speedy Messenger)
It's Dimensions are: 4 x 2
Area ResRef: speedydeliveryme
Fixtures Present: 3
Proposed Limit: 10

Area name is: Cordor (The Walled City) Government District (Embassy of Amn)
It's Dimensions are: 6 x8
Area ResRef: area049
Fixtures Present: 14

Area name is: Cordor (The Walled City) Government District (Archives)
It's Dimensions are: 13 x 20
Area ResRef: corlibdungeon
Fixtures Present: 3

Area name is:
It's Dimensions are:
Area ResRef:

Last edited by Morto on Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Redacted]

LivelyParticle
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by LivelyParticle » Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:49 pm

D4wN wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:13 am
QueenOfCookies wrote:
Morto wrote:

I would like to add my voice to this as well. The bed being in the centre of the room is just really strange. But an increase in fixture limit for a big space like this would be very much appreciated. I believe the size and purpose of this large Guild House would warrant it.

Another one for the list.

Pleaaaase save us from terribly low fixture limits for a shared area with apartments!

Inkish

Post by Inkish » Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:55 am

LivelyParticle wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:49 pm
D4wN wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:13 am
QueenOfCookies wrote:

Another one for the list.

Pleaaaase save us from terribly low fixture limits for a shared area with apartments!

+1 for this. Pleeeeease? :D

Characters~

Zith d'Astunin ~ Semi-Active
Maev ~ Active
Secret UD Alt ~ Semi-Active
Narguul ~ Mostly Shelved
Gimmorra ~ Mostly Shelved

Dragonovith
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Dragonovith » Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:33 am

Disaster Lesbian wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:52 am

Sunset Woods.

Current limit: 0

Favoured Limit: 30+

Reasoning: Such a fairy tale-esque area should be able to be built upon, to further allow and add onto the aesthetic that the area has. By adding even a small limit to the area, it would enable to do so much more with the space.

It's intended for that area not to save any fixtures.

Stalgren wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:38 am

Reallylongunneededplayername wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:07 am

Skibbles wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:10 pm

cornelius_4 wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:34 pm

The quotes above suggested a higher fixture limit for the Treadstone Houses and all relevant areas had their limits raised to 180.

SCP-079

Post by SCP-079 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:42 pm

Favoured limit: 180
Reasoning: There are five quarters in this area, and a fairly large public room that could serve as a gallery / museum / library. And wizards love their bookshelves, of course!

edit by whitewingeddove: fixture limit increased to 120 on 10/24/23

Cthuletta

Post by Cthuletta » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:52 pm

Anatida - Completed 6/6/2023

Proposed limit: 120

Reason: These are shared quarters and shops, with three(?) houses per the two maps, and one shop attached to a large quarter in each map. Storefronts tend to take up more fixtures, as well as some houses being much larger than the others with more space to fill. Nobody likes a barren-looking storefront or home! Some of these quarters also have two bedrooms, meaning more people may choose to RP living there and have their own sentimental fixtures to bring with them.

Would very much enjoy more fixture space for us to share. Thanks you for your consideration in advance!

Edited to Include the ResRef picture. One farmland map was updated, but this one unfortunately wasn't. Thanks!

Last edited by Cthuletta on Mon May 29, 2023 3:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Juniper Oakley - Just A Wee Bit Batty

Ny'aza 'Peggy' Philor'tyl - Travelling
Tiffa Took Hss'tafi - Happy in Sigil (Rolled)

The Banned One

Post by The Banned One » Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:16 pm

Anatida (via Twohand) - Verified Completed 5/3/2023

Greetings!

There are two houses in Drydocks (Crows Nest) but one of the houses is huge and shares the same number of fixtures with the other smaller one, but there are only 60 fixtures.

My suggestion:

Big house: 120 fixtures
Small house: 60 fixtures

Vivian

Post by Vivian » Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:26 am

Proposed limit: anything more would be better, best 100-120 but also 80 might works as well

Reason: me and other players are starting organising events in there, and the 60 limit is meant for both the parts of the map, the private quarter upstairs AND the public chapel downstairs.
That would sound good enough for a private home, even if such large, but I would like to arrange a good environment to host events in there, but with that 60 limit isn't possible to do it properly.

Thank you!

• Brinja

• Brinja

- Jahàdrana Mizzrym

"I don't like dawn, it tastes like anxiety" - cit.

Preserver
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Preserver » Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:53 am

Anatida - Verified Completed 5/3/2023

Location: Cordor (The Walled City) Government District (Library) - Quarter.
Proposed Limit: 80

Reason: though this is a quarter with only three rooms, one of them is a very big hall. This quarter has been often used to represent schools or libraries, and as such tends to hold many bookshelf fixtures, and tables. Which leaves very little room to fill the other two smaller rooms (an actual bedroom and a storage room). I think increasing the limit to 80 would allow for the quarter to be more usable.

Last edited by Anatida on Thu May 04, 2023 2:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Completed

~ Lladria Sethassiel ~ (Dead!) - ~ Siobhan Gray (Departed!)
~ Elspeth Lynndain (Dead!) - Noasheel Xephrates (Dead!)
~ Yachta - ~ Providence (Dead!)

Eo Vew

Post by Eo Vew » Mon May 08, 2023 10:06 pm

Current Limit: 100
Proposed Limit: 200

Rational: Public use role-play center. Low Limit compared to nearby / similar areas (300+).

edit by whitewingeddove: after reviewing area size, 100 fixtures seems an appropriate amount

Aeryeris

Post by Aeryeris » Mon May 29, 2023 2:08 am

Anatida - Completed 6/6/2023

Is there any chance we could get the Cordor Museum's fixture limit bumped a bit? It's really hard to add stuff to it at this point without taking away from existing exhibits, and there's a good deal of empty space in the building. I've had a few different Curators mention to me they felt stifled in doing museum stuff because of the fixture limit. It's currently 120, and in all honesty I think it could do with double that at least.

Cordor (The Walled City) Cultural District (Museum)
Current: 120
Proposed: 210

Cordor (The Walled City) Cultural District (Gallery)
Current: 80
Proposed: 120

Museum Area details:

Gallery Area details:

Currently playing: Ginny Fairlen