Kudos to War, Cormyr & Peace

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

98lbs of sad carryweight

Kudos to War, Cormyr & Peace

Post by 98lbs of sad carryweight » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:32 am

I've no idea who all was responsible for the entire event but from what I do know big thank you to:

• TwoHands for very great maps and whatever comes with that.

• DM Honey & Satyr for running what I can only imagine is a insanely large plot with a gazillion NPCs

Not sure if other from the Team helped, if you did, this naturally extends there too!

The fights were great and (mostly) balanced to be fun, the plot was cool to follow in general and even when it was a bit hard to gleem what was going on it felt fun.

And of course to all the people that I normally dont get to roleplay with being cool and not just growling at me. And even the growls were great. But I wont name you all, because if I forget someone I'd feel bad.
Cormyr felt a bit like a school trip with your class, except high stakes and with a lot of great writing going on.

Probably my favorite event so far! Maybe I'll overcome my crippling fear of interacting with NPCs because the entire month long event really made me consider it! :D

Glory to Amn :^)

Last edited by 98lbs of sad carryweight on Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hadals
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Kudos to War, Cormyr & Peace

Post by Hadals » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:33 am

Yeah, it was all great! Very well done, and many thanks for entertaining all of us doing little spin-off and side quests. The area was great, too! Thank you!

Currently Playing: Khara'gos Rivorndir.
"You will find my son is patient, far-thinking, and fair.
I am none of these things."

Choofed

Post by Choofed » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:33 am

Honestly, it seems during our adventures in Maztica that Satyr & Honey have managed to refine the process of making PVE events. Stuff was competative, balanced, and genuinely fun.

You guys made a formula or something?

rosediode

Post by rosediode » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:36 am

This event line was amazing, I really enjoyed the last three days of interacting with the setting. DMs Honey and Satyr did so much to make it feel accessible and fun. Probably one of my favorite times on Arelith, ever. Thank you both so much!

Dragonovith
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Dragonovith » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:47 am

:)
Fun times.

D4wN

Post by D4wN » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:15 am

This is hands down one of the best DM / Player collaborations I have seen in my time on Arelith. Although I didn't have much involvement in the war plot overall, the trip to Cormyr, the Cordor Press / News updates, the stories from other players and even the palpable tensions between Settlements has been so much fun.

On the Cormyr trip itself, I echo the OP. What gorgeous maps and fun challenging monsters to fight. I have so many beautiful screenshots. I will remember this for a long time to come. Here's some screenshots!

Thank you to all DMs and devs and all players who've been part of it. It was a blast!

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

slayer 1.0

Post by slayer 1.0 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:51 am

Shout out to everyone today was a part of the Cormyr trip!

In all my years of Arelith, this has taken the cake for the best moment I’ve had on NWN. Thank you to players for making it such a great experience.

To the DMs that made this possible and put in the effort to make this such a memorable moment, I can’t give you the amount of credit and respect y’all deserve for putting things together like y’all did.

• Glognar Halitt-Retired; Drinking ale
    Alexin Sharten-Shelved; Making arrows
    Elor Cohort-Vanished

Genar Halitt-Current

LurkingShadow

Post by LurkingShadow » Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:53 pm

It was an interesting plot, sadly Sil'avesi ruined her spot to get to the summit by being Sil'avesi.

But, the conflict itself? It did not effect Arelith that much did it?

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:13 pm

It looks like a fun trip from the screenshots! It has been interesting learning of the war and events from public board posts and tales retold on street corners. The whole plot line has very much reminded me of the worlds current modern wars as an American. A vague sense of death and conflict "somewhere else" that doesn't actually effect one's own life. Such gives the whole affair a much more realistic feel, at least for myself.

I do look forward to future PCs who might utilize the war for thier character backstories and one day hope to read a book IG that explains what, in fact, has happened over the course of the plotline.

Aeryeris

Post by Aeryeris » Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:39 pm

Honey, Satyr, and Twohand's collaboration has resulted in an absolutely amazing storyline.
The well portrayed NPCs, the custom maps, the politics, the events, and the overall exposition resulted in an unforgettable experience for me and many others.
Many people were in the grip of this plot for over 3 months. The whole story was excellent, but the resolution in Cormyr is easily the coolest thing I have been a part of on this server.

Because I am a screenshot addict and in my opinion this plot was really made so much better by the excellent scene-setting and mapping used, I will take the liberty of sharing a few pictures.

Arrival of the Amnian armada in Cordor

Whipping of a couple of Waterdhavians

A vision of death and destruction early in the conflict

Declaration of war during a feast at the palace

The Golden Legion arrives in Cordor

Ryfon is made particularly uncomfortable by a half-giant duo

An example of the amazing exposition. So many people would simply have teleported our characters over to the other big ship. Instead...

Victory aboard La Grand Ballena

A visit to the Cowled Wizards

Butchered Grand Ballena survivors

Fort Hatl, where myself and a commoner PC got to partake in a fighting event by having fantastic social RP at a campsite while the warriors did the slaying.

The battle of the trade post

Admiral Ramón with a busted leg

The Marchioness arrives in Cordor

Memorial service for the fallen

Arrival at Chateau de Scoril

This plot seriously used some gorgeous maps...

A healthy debate is made so much better by the pleasant Cormyr life...

Ramón was also present in Cormyr, of course.

Addressing the Steel Regent

People were "polite angry" in this room...

Peace!

Massive Kudos! And thanks everyone for participating and making this happen.

Currently playing: Ginny Fairlen

Preserver
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Preserver » Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:06 pm

It was a really fun story to partake in, with very enjoyable map to explore in search for secrets and oddities!

Kudos to the DMs who made it possible and to the players who participated!

~ Lladria Sethassiel ~ (Dead!) - ~ Siobhan Gray (Departed!)
~ Elspeth Lynndain (Dead!) - Noasheel Xephrates (Dead!)
~ Yachta - ~ Providence (Dead!)

QueenOfCookies

Post by QueenOfCookies » Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:07 pm

Had a great time! I loved the balance of the difficulty of PVE.

Flamma & Catherine at Camp Khan!

Catherine defending Camp Khan!

Arkadia Vaskerkin

Post by Arkadia Vaskerkin » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:14 pm

I also want to give massive kudos to all those involved in this plot. The time I had to interact with the story, the NPCs, and the other players was a lot of fun, and the tremendous work put into it was massively appreciated.

Thank you DM Satyr and DM Honey for engaging with a broad sampling of players and factions in Arelith for this story. Thank you for playing well-written (and hilarious) NPCs.