Duplicate henchmen on server restart.

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Gerhazo

Duplicate henchmen on server restart.

Post by Gerhazo » Sat May 25, 2024 10:46 am

Description of Bug Experienced:
If you try to connect to another server while henchmen are in your party and the server is password locked (for example during a restart), the next time you reconnect there successfully, you'll do it with the henchman in your party, on top of any henchmen that have respawned due to a restart.

This allows you to have more than 1 of the same henchman in your party.

Steps to reproduce the Bug:

1. Recruit a henchman (my example: Matron Bloodbeard).
  2. Head to another server, i.e. Surface.
  3. Server restarts are announced, servers are password locked.
  4. Attempt to teleport to UD. Get booted because of password lock.
  5. Connect to UD again after the servers restart, get connected with the henchman already in your party.
  6. Head to where the henchman spawns. They're there, in addition to the one in your party.
  7. You can recruit the respawned henchman and have several of the same one at once.

Expected Result:
Not having the henchman in your party anymore.

Actual Result:
Keeping henchmen you had before the restart, on top of them respawning.

Screenshot(s)

Additional Information/Notes
Dismissing the henchman from pre-restart will make them disappear, so the "previous timeline" henchmen only exist for as long as you keep them in your party.
I didn't try switching servers again with the pre-restart henchmen, as to check whether that changes their behaviour in some way/makes them persistent after dismissal.

I suspect this might delve into technical limitation territory and be difficult to handle/fix, but I suppose it's worth being aware of.

Gerhazo

Re: Duplicate henchmen on server restart.

Post by Gerhazo » Sat May 25, 2024 10:49 am

Mild correction:
I thought I saw the pre-restart henchman disappear, but they actually re-emerged in the Hub.
So, two Matron Bloodbeards exist after the restart.